Through the Lipper Bergland, this stage continues to go up and down frequently. The start is at Steinberg (396m), where a rocket station was located during the Cold War. From the foundations you have a great view of the surrounding countryside. The path now leads back downhill to the picturesque Hillentrup. The next two mountains to be climbed are the former rampart Amelungsburg and the local mountain of Lemgo, the Windelstein. Between the two peaks, the Maibolte has cut deeply into the mountainous landscape. Past an old lookout tower you finally reach the city of Lemgo. Here you leave the Hansaweg (X9) and from the ramparts of the old town you follow the Cheruskerweg (X3) to the Hermannsdenkmal near Detmold.
Between Lemgo and Detmold three more mountain ranges are crossed (Biesterberg, Gretberg and Rotenberg) before the E1 leads the hiker somewhat unattractive on a long arterial road to the worth seeing old town of Detmold.
Last text update: 12.11.2019
Version history of GPX track
- 29.09.2019 10:54 (Download)
- 29.09.2019 21:22 (Download)
- 29.09.2019 21:56 (Download)
- 18.10.2019 20:25 (Download)
- 13.01.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 20.01.2020 20:15 (Download)
- 17.02.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 24.03.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 07.04.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 14.04.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 02.06.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 23.06.2020 20:15 (Download)
- 21.07.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 01.09.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 15.09.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 03.11.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 17.11.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 24.11.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 01.12.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 08.12.2020 8:15 (Download)
- 15.12.2020 16:15 (Download)
- 22.12.2020 4:15 (Download)
- 29.12.2020 12:15 (Download)
- 05.01.2021 16:15 (Download)
- 13.01.2021 20:15 (Download)
- Kompass Karte 848: Hannover und Umgebung (1:50.000)
- GeoMap Wanderkarte: Lippe, Detmold, Lemgo, Paderborn (1:35.000)
- Hansaweg (X9)
- Cheruskerweg (X3)
- St. Andrew's cross / E1
The E1 leaves the Hansaweg (X9) in Lemgo and follows the Cheruskerweg (X3).
|Name of accomodation||Place||Price group*|
|5-15 €||16-30 €||31-45 €||>45 €|
| Hotel Zur Burg Sternberg Book at booking.com (Ad) |
Book at HRS (Ad)
|Ferienwohnung im Extertal||Extertal|
|Bauernhof Pension Waldmühle||Hillentrup/Dörentrup|
|DJH Jugendherberge Detmold Book at booking.com (Ad)||Detmold|
If you want to recommend any accomodation, please post a comment on this page, send us an email or leave a post in our forum.
*Real prices can differ. Prices are based on a single person in the lowest available category (a small tent on a camping site).
LWL-Open-Air Museum Detmold
The LWL open-air museum is located in the immediate vicinity of the E1 and displays more than 100 historical buildings on an area of 90 hectares. The buildings have been dismantled at their original location and rebuilt as faithfully as possible in the open-air museum. In addition, historical cultural landscapes, plant and animal species are shown and maintained.
There is a lot to see and the area is extensive. Ideal for a rest day or a day trip.
Outdoor: Hermannsweg - Eggeweg
by Norbert Rother, Marie-Luise Großelohmann, Dieter Großelohmann
Sources and copyrightGPX track coordinates: © OpenStreetMap contributors. Published under Open Database License (ODbL).
Info: How can I use GPX files? (german language)
Legally we have to tell you that we cannot be held responsible for the information supplied in the track.
This download and many services I provide are free. Nevertheless I would appreciate a small donation to honor my work. You can use Paypal to do so. Thank you!